About Me

I have been enjoying scrapbooking and stamping for over 8 years. I am happily married of almost 5 years and we just had our first baby, a son! We are so blessed and happy, and being able to stamp and create just makes everything complete!

Sunday, September 21, 2008

My "Zindorf" Case Attempt...


My Copy
When I saw this Michelle Zindorf's card, I knew I was going to TRY and make it for a sympathy card that I had to make. I enjoyed making the card, too bad for the circumstance...anyways, here is the original and then my attempt...I was happy with how it turned out but in a way I don't think with mine, you can tell it is a leaf in a pool of water...what do you think? Just to note as well, I didn't have a brayer as Michelle used, so all my technique was sponging. I think that will be my next purchase is a brayer though. LOL!
WOW, as I post my photo up beside Michelle's I sure notice the difference of vibrancy of color...my photos are not doing my card's any justice as to what they look like in REAL life, any suggestions? Of course her colors are brighter than mine, but mine was somewhat vibrant as well...hmmmm


SUPPLIES USED:

SU Inks: Old Olive, Ballet Blue Blue, Cool Carribean, Always Artichoke

SU Paper: Whisper White and Always Artichoke

EBP: Clear


To view Michelle Zindorf's beautiful work here is the link:

7 comments:

Javablustamper said...

BEAUTIFUL!!! I love it!!! Thank you for sharing it! Take care!

Theresa said...

i think your card turned out really good! Her cards are so outstanding, it is super hard to replicate! mine never look as good as yours turned out! great job!!!

Anonymous said...

These are just beautiful cards! Wow! They must have taken awhile but well worth the time, very nice!!!

Debby said...

I thinks it's wonderful. I admire anyone who tries a Zindorf card. I wouldn't change a thing.

Kim said...

What a beautiful replica! I think you did AWESOME!
Hugs~ Kim

Unknown said...

Your cards are great! I see that you asked for suggestions about taking pictures. I don't have all the answers, but I can share what I read in a tutorial not all that long ago.... the suggestions were to use real light - either day light, or something like an Ott Lamp that captures true color. Another suggestion was to always have your card angled a little bit, and to use a little bit of zoom. Hope that helps!

Michelle-a-bella said...

Thank you Sarah for the photo tips, I will give it a try!!! Cheers!